Saturday, July 6, 2013

LT (Week 8)

This week was so good...until Wednesday. 

I've been feeling really restless about being here, and I have the desire to run away from it. I’m so tired of being stuck in this routine. After talking to a couple different people, the answer seemed clear...I needed a Sabbath--just a day completely devoted to meeting with the Lord. So, I set my alarm for 5am, threw my guitar, a hammock, and my backpack in Petunia Prius and drove up to Mountainside to watch the sunrise Wednesday morning. I had every intention of staying up on the mountain the whole day, but when I sensed that the presence of the Lord was completely absent, I became overwhelmingly anxious. I tried worshipping. I tried reading the Word. I tried praying. I tried being silent...

I drove back down the mountain and decided it was time to get away. Without really any direction or plan, I found myself on the highway to Boulder. All I wanted to do was spend time with the Lord, and if that required driving a while by myself I was completely fine with that. I actually enjoy driving time because Petunia Prius usually doubles as a prayer room. So as I drove, I cried out to the Lord in confusion about what was happening. Longing for intimacy with him, I prayed "Let's go away together Lord. Take me on an adventure today." When I arrived in Boulder, I found a little coffee shop and began to journal. However, anxiety began to overwhelm me once again as I processed through what I was actually feeling. I'm really anxious about what the future holds and how I'm going to get there. I'm anxious about the time between now and then. I'm anxious about having to be in the present. 

That night, I feel like the Lord gave me a picture of a puzzle piece. This summer he's revealed a couple tiny puzzle pieces. While those pieces may be extremely important to the purpose of what will happen in the next 5 years, they don't provide the details about years 1 through 4. Faith will be required to wait patiently as the Lord unveils the other 499 pieces of the puzzle in his timing

While it's exciting to have vision for the next year, I need to be here now. I still have a whole month left of LT. Obviously there is still things the Lord wants to teach me, or I wouldn't have had a day like Wednesday. He's not done growing me, shaping me, molding me. I will always be his work in progress. So, while the future is extremely exciting, the Lord has me right here, right now 

What the Lord has been teaching me this week:
-He's not done with me this summer.
-I will continually be a "work in progress." 
-He will be faithful in unveiling the rest of the puzzle, but only in his timing. 

Some Pics from this Week: 
Sunrise from Mountainside.

Mr. Elk. 



Wildflowers at the outdoor chapel. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment